Friday, January 18, 2013

Vodka and Chocolate Sauce over crushed cashews and ice cream

Vodka and Chocolate Sauce over crushed cashews and ice cream

Vodka and Chocolate Sauce over crushed cashews and ice cream

Ingredients

125ml thick cream1 tbsp unsalted butter1 tsp vanilla extract2 tbsp glucose syrup350g Dark Chocolate4 tbsp Vodka (I used Absolute Vodka)250g Crushed cashewsVanilla ice cream

Instructions

1. Put a pot on the stove over medium heat and add the cream, milk butter and glucose syrup
2. Stir it for a few minutes until it's hot enough to melt the chocolate, then add the vanilla extract
3. Start adding the chocolate! Add it a little bit at a time to ensure you give it time to melt. Keep stirring while you do this, it does takes some time
4. Now for my favourite part... Add the Vodka! At this stage, you might want to sneak a shot for yourself :) Stir the Vodka into the sauce, then take it off the hotplate and let it cool for a bit
5. I couldn't find already crushed cashews at my local market, but I bought roasted, unsalted cashews. Then I put them through the food processor to crush them. Spread the crushed cashews out on a plate so that you can roll the ice cream over them
6. I used Homer Hudson Vanilla Ice cream (If you haven't tried Homer Hudson before, get onto it! It's a bit expensive compared to other brands, but it's awesome!) Just use an ice cream scooper to scoop out balls of ice cream. Then roll them over the crushed cashews to cover them in a layer of nutty goodness!
7. I served this in Martini glasses. In the picture I used 3 balls of ice cream, but 2 will probably be enough. Then cover the whole thing with the awesome chocolaty sauce

Notes

Be very careful with this dessert... It is totally addictive! The first time I made it we were raving about how good it was for days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment